Thursday, February 14, 2019

VALENTINES BLUES




We have been through this a couple times over, 
and to this point it feels like its no longer love but staying together.
I always wanted to be the best man you’ve been with (and the last) 
but somehow our paths have come to the point where they part.

Please would you stay with me,
that desperate part of me still trying to hold on
for that last bit of hope that maybe I still have a place in your heart.
I will never love as much again, 
for tonight will be the end of a beautiful story.
 It will be the end of a hope that had so much promise.

Those words I thought you’d never say still ring true in my mind, 
“ I don’t Love you no more”
Teach me how to let you go, 
for as the shadow tries to hold me back as I head towards the light, 
so does my soul shackle me to the memories I choose to leave in the past.

If you could have my heart,
you’d feel the same pain that’s flowing throughout my body.
We’ve broken each other to pieces over and over again,
but we’d never understand why at some point
it all turned to specs of dust in the wind.

Don’t remember my love and miss it,
let it remind you of what could’ve been.

Did you have to hurt me because I hurt you,
you schemed to turn your act of forgiveness into a plot of vengeance.
Tell me where do we take it from here,
it’s slowly eating me up and tearing apart everything we’d built.
It’s the loneliest existence I feel in this time and moment.

I will never stop loving you,
it’s never that easy. I may not see you again,
but I’ll always remember you,
and in m lips you’ll forever be,,

In your eyes I saw many opportunities,
Plans for the future we’d dreamed of,
I saw the smiles of our little kids,
I saw the tears of joy and pain,
I saw the future that was taken away from us.

We kept drifting,
as the space turned our thoughts into echoes of distance memories.
What could possibly break us up?
If truly we’d given it all we had, So hard to face the reality that’s us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE HAS FOUND US

he'd been telling her lies all along, she knew she'd gotten it all wrong.. but with me,she's now getting it all right, the a...